Ordering Your Wedding Cake
Congratulations on your engagement. Planning a wedding is exciting and can sometimes be overwhelming. We decided to help make ordering your wedding cake less daunting with the below information.
Before getting to the point of ordering your Wedding cake, you need to have;
- A venue booked as we need to know if we can deliver to the venue.
- We will need to know the number of evening guests, as the cake is usually served in the evening. Generally, the cake is made big enough to serve the evening guest.
- The colour scheme for the day is also very important as this is usually incorporated into the design of the cake.
- The wedding stationery is also helpful when it comes to designing your cake.
- It would definitely help if you search for design inspirations online. Pinterest is a fantastic tool for design ideas.
We have some cake designs and prices in our online store to give you some ideas and prices.
We hold our wedding consultations on specific weekends through the year. When you are ready to discuss your wedding cake, you can get in touch with us to see about booking a consultation date that suits you.
We occasionally do sample boxes you can buy and these can be posted UK wide. They are usually 6 different flavours picked from our top flavours. We tend to promote these on our social media pages when these are available.
Here's what our boxes look like; https://www.facebook.com/315131468533119/posts/3854153244630906/?sfnsn=scwspmo Some of the flavours will change for next month.
Alternatively, we also offer tasters in form of cupcakes. These are the same sponges and frostings used in our cakes. This option allows for you to choose specific flavours you would like to try from our full selection https://ocaykx.com/cake-flavours/ each cupcake is £2.50. The cupcakes can be ordered online here https://ocaykx.com/regular-mix-and-match-cupcakes-c00022/ listing the 6 flavours you would like to try or calling the shop during opening hours to order any quantity you’d like to try
I hope that helps
My team and I look forward to working with you to create your wedding cake.