Ordering Your Wedding Cake
Congratulations on your engagement. Planning a wedding is exciting and can sometimes be overwhelming. We decided to help make ordering your wedding cake less daunting with the below information.
Before getting to the point of ordering your cake, you need to have;
- A venue booked as we need to know if we can deliver to the venue.
- We will need to know the number of evening guests, as the cake is usually served in the evening. Generally, the cake is made big enough to serve the evening guest.
- The colour scheme for the day is also very important as this is usually incorporated into the design of the cake.
- The wedding stationery is also helpful when it comes to designing your cake.
- It would definitely help if you search for design inspirations online. Pinterest is a fantastic tool for design ideas.
We have some cake designs and prices in our online store to give you some ideas and prices.
We only tend to organise cake tasting and consultation sessions for brides that have booked their wedding cakes with us. Here we discuss and finalise their design. This is held within 6 months to their wedding date. If you would like to try our cakes before you book, you can order them in form of cupcakes. These are the same sponge and frosting used in our wedding cakes.
If you send us an idea of the style of cake you want, including some of the information above, we can give you a rough idea of the cost. We can also have discussions over the phone. If you are happy with the quote, you can go ahead and secure your date by paying the £50 non-refundable deposit. You will then be sent an invite for our next tasting event within 6 months of your wedding date so we can conclude on the details of you cake if we are unable to do it via email.
We hold our wedding consultations on specific weekends through the year. These consultations are organised for couples that have already booked their weddings cakes with. We invite couples that have their weddings booked with us and are yet to conclude on their designs. It is also a time for couples to try different cake flavours. Each consultation is aimed towards couple getting married within 6 months from the date.
The cupcakes can be ordered online here https://ocaykx.com/regular-mix-and-match-cupcakes-c00022/ listing the 6 flavours you would like to try or calling the shop during opening hours to order any quantity you’d like to try
If you will like more information, please get in touch with us